Tuesday, May 31, 2016

2016 June Exam

Hello everyone,

It's been a long 8 months since my last post for last year's exam. This few months some of you might already have completed the exams, I hope all of my viewers have progressed through this process, hopefully using some of the exam/study tips I've written in this blog.
Even though it is not my intention, my efforts in supporting this blog have stalled in the last few months due to a few things happening concurrently (without going into any details here), I've never forgotten about this blog and had hopped to write a few more posts on all 3 levels.

This is the last week for all level 1, 2, and 3 candidates. If you had read some of my previous posts, you might have taken the week off and focus on the materials. In my opinion, this week is probably the most crucial single week in all exam preparation assuming a solid base is built up to this point,  almost like the icing on the cake. and here's why.

Always remember you are competing GLOBALLY. the exam is graded based on all candidates from all countries. You are not just writing against your friends who studied along with you, you are also writing against people in all corners of the globe, which makes it so hard that you have to bring your A game. When I studied, I always assumed there are kids out there that are way smarter than me and are more hardworking than me. Ironically, I don't sleep well closer to the exam because I can't stop thinking my competitors are studying when I am sleep at night, so there's no better way than grinding the hour for as long as it takes.

Having said that, it is what it is, we are 3 days until the exam. So I am hoping at this point you are all well prepared with the materials. Reviewing your weak areas will definitely help you prepare, but reading a couple more pages on the textbook will not elevate the chances for you to pass the exam, in fact it's only a waste of your valuable time. So what else is there to prepare? My top choice is the sample exams. Never under estimate the power of sample exams, I used to go through them religiously days before the exam. There's still time to go through 1 to 2 full sample exams, timing both the morning and afternoon sessions will help you gauge your performance during the actual exam.

So wake up early tomorrow, go through some full 6 hour exams if you haven't done so, and correct them in the evening. I've documented my last week/day strategy in some of my previous posts, feel free to browse through them and use them. What I can say here though is prepare as much as you can for the next couple of days, but it is important to have a good night sleep the night before to clear your head so you don't miss any credits you have studied so hard for.

No comments: