Saturday, December 13, 2014

Study notes/contact

Good afternoon everyone, hope those of you who took the level 1 exam last weekend are enjoying your break before the next waves hit shores, it's a great feeling isn't it?! take advantage of the time and don't think about the exam. Come the new year, you can start doing the study for level 2.

I also wanted to write a few words about my notes given the recent interest in the study notes. I am currently working on the level 1 notes following the 2015 curriculum. since there are more interest in l2, I've decided to start l2 notes as well. However, working with a quite demanding full time job and busy personal life, I apologies that these notes will not be ready by christmas, it will be quite hard to transfer all my stuff to a systematic study package over this period of time.

Similar to my intent in writing this blog, I would like to be responsible for my viewers and prepare to the best of my ability a good package for their study experience, and not just a note book to fulfill the orders. So I think this will take a bit of time to complete, my hope is I can get much of it done during the holidays and target for January for launch, please feel free to let me know if this timeline works for you and I thank you for your understanding.

As to the notes, my plan is to get full study note package for l1and l2, there are also some interest in l3 which i also have, I will work on that as well. For l3, I have about 300 index cards that helped me pass the exam, so I am hoping this can be an additional product you can order, but depending on the level of interest of course.

I haven't decided the price, but i guarantee it will be reasonable, since there are no add on features like online lectures, I will not charge a premium like the other big companies, they often have a ton of overheads, offices, and employees and so on. As to payment method, I think PayPal is the way to go for now, but also exploring other options.

Anyways, other than the scope of the study package, nothing is really fixed at this point, so feel free to let me know what you think best fit your needs and let me know how you think so i can tailor it from the start. A contact form has been added, or you can write to this email address directly: passcfaexams@gmail.com. For the moment, going out for a spin with the gf. Thanks again for reading, and have a great weekend.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post! Looking forward your notes. I will definitively order level 2 !
Your die hard fan !

Anonymous said...

Finally new post !!! hahaha....really want to order your level 2.
Please let us know soon how we can order level 1 notes.
Great blog ! great post ! Not sure how you find the time to write. My gf is nagging constantly that I don't give her attention. So when I finish all levels...I promise i will give her full attention, top priority...Maybe you should write a blog on how to deal with gf :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for your new post. Really looking forward your notes. I think it will be huge help. If I read ONLY your notes on level 2, and follow your advice/strategy, would I need to still study the cfa books?

Anonymous said...

Cool post! Thanks a lot! Me too, want to buy level 2. My brother is considering doing level 1, so he may be interested in level 1.
Have fun going out with your gf. I think we should also thank your gf. My gf would never let me write a blog. She already finds i waste my time by reading blogs. She always nags and nags and scream and yells when I don't give her attention. Beside study level 2 which is my top priority (for now), my gf has made clear that she is my top priority and after all my study, I must devote all my time and attention to her. So I am not sure how you do, but you seem to manage well. Like Anonymous says, you should write a blog on how to deal with gf ! hahaha...but I guess you have a very patient or nice gf? if it is the case, you should write a blog on how to find such nice gf....hahaha, I know my gf comes to your blog to check time to time if i leave any comments...so I can't leave my name. But yeah for sure I want to buy level 2. I already voted.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Looking forward you note. It seems people want level 2 notes....I also want level 2 in the future after I pass level 1. Can you offer level 1 first ?
Thanks. Great blog, very helpful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks , looking forward your notes level2. Thanks for making reasonable price. Actually if it is good notes I don't mind paying a bit more, as long as it is useful and helpful.
If we read your notes, do we still need to read the official books?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. Wow so many people voting for level 2 ! I am interested in level 3. I just voted for level 3.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation ! Amazing to see you have over 300 votes for your notes. I just vote for level 2. And I am glad most people want level 2. Can you let us know if by reading your notes, it is enough? do we still need to read cfa books? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Congratulation ! Amazing to see you have over 300 votes for your notes. I just vote for level 2. And I am glad most people want level 2. Can you let us know if by reading your notes, it is enough? do we still need to read cfa books? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Congratulation ! Amazing to see you have over 300 votes for your notes. I just vote for level 2. And I am glad most people want level 2. Can you let us know if by reading your notes, it is enough? do we still need to read cfa books? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Congratulation ! Amazing to see you have over 300 votes for your notes. I just vote for level 2. And I am glad most people want level 2. Can you let us know if by reading your notes, it is enough? do we still need to read cfa books? Thanks

PassCFAExams said...

Hi, thanks guys for the interest and your comments. To answer the question, my goal is by reading the notes, you won't need to study the cfa books. However, the notes are not intended to replace doing practice questions. So I would expect someone who study with these notes to practice a lot of questions as they normally would, and only go to the books if they need more details on a topic. Hope this help.