Saturday, November 29, 2014

Good luck to all level 1 candidates


Hello everyone, the big day is coming up next week. I hope you have already had a couple of timed mock exams by now and had a chance to identify your strength and weakness in mock. With one week left before the level 1 exam, there’s pretty much only one thing you need to do, that is to practice more exam questions.

I have repeatedly mentioned that you have come a long way in the marathon, and now in the middle of the final sprint closing to the end of this journey. With one more week to go, I am glad that all of you guys are now finally looking at the finishing line. Understanding the enormous anxiety I normally developed at around this time of the year every single time before all three levels, I am writing this post to tell you that you are so close now to the exam, no matter where you are in your studies, at this point there is no other way around it, you have to tighten your schedule this week and practice more exams.

I will tell you guys here that this exam is no easy job for anyone. The last two weeks before the exam are especially difficult for most people. Doing exam like questions following exactly the morning and afternoon schedule will be the best way to maximize your chances to pass. I used to take 6 hours mock exams starting from 9 AM, take one hour break in between for the day, and go over the answers at night. Reviewing the questions you have done is key. I can’t say this is the best approach but definitely helped me pass the exams.  It’s really hard to do that and it feels like I was living on a different planet for a couple of weeks, but it did nothing but kept me going with the practice exams, one after another and I saw my marks up from 50% to 70% in that time.

The day before the exam, take sometime off from studying and relax, because the exam day will be intense. Arrive early and make sure you saved up some energy for this day, because you will need a lot of it. Before you even know it the exam will be over, that’s when your hard work is all paid off. You might want to take some days off from work to recharge. More importantly, when this is all done, don’t forget to kiss your loved ones and say hello again, and thank your family, friends and colleagues who have supported you throughout the past few months.

Finally I wish all of you guys will pass the exam, and move onto the level 2 exam in June 2015!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot ! Much appreciated! Great blog !! I am sure many people appreciate your time to help us! I think everyone is so busy with the study. Will let you know if pass or fail.

PassCFAExams said...

Thanks, it is crunching time right now, I am sure everyone is trying their best to prepare, every hour counts at this point. All the best!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post! Indeed studying very hard.
Again thanks for your generosity to share your time with us.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am taking a break from my study...actually my review, no more time to study. Just reviewing my notes and questions & answers.
Big stress ! I don't think I will pass. Your blog has helped me in many ways, and i just want to thank you.Ok, going back to study. Will be long sleepless night !

Anonymous said...

Me, too taking a short break ! Cannot take it anymore but no choice! Don't feel i will pass. But if I do, I want to thank you big time ! Your blog is a big help ! BIG with capital letter ! good explanation, good tips, good mental support, inspirational ! And even good entertainment reading the comments ! THANKS. Still 8 minutes break left.... :( so going to eat something and back to study...yeah same here, sleepless tiring night of study!

PassCFAExams said...

Still studying at this hour? I know it seems like there's still a lot to review, but honestly just go sleep and try to get a good night sleep, it will help your performance tomorrow. Best.

Gary said...

Cannot take it anymore ! So fed up !!! I havent been into your blog for a while, as I need to study. But I havent even been able to study all the material :( Going to fail so badly!
I think I wont be able to stay up...need some sleep. I would recommend everyone to get at least 2 hours sleep !! Thanks PassCFAExams....your blog is indeed very helpful and inspirational. Yes I agree, BIG THANKS to your blog ! Will let you know.

Nguyen said...

Me too me too me too ! Extremely fed up too !
Going through your blog to calm down...your blog is like powerful calming classical music !
Hahaha. you guys must think I lost it....maybe yes. I really cannot take it anymore. Actually will study for another hour then sleep ! Yeah I also recommend some sleep, at least 3 hours !
Thanks your blog is really like a mental comfort food for my tired brain !!!
I also dont feel i will pass. Will also let you know. THANKS

Anonymous said...

Been studying the whole night...guess many people doing same, I stop now...cannot take it anymore. Will rest but not be able to sleep even for 1 hour :(
Don't think will pass.