Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Addition to Exam Strategy 1 LOS Command Words

Hey guys, I've been meaning to put this out a few days ago to illustrate what I meant in my first strategy post (Exam Strategy - 1). The link is embedded here. If you haven't read this post, please do give it a read because I believe this is a key technique you need to exercise on a routine basis during your studies for all levels and that's why I've put this one on top of all other strategies.


In trying to illustrate, I had a couple of examples in the post to show you how I applied this technique. I was also reading the CFA Institute website and looking to find out how they position their LOS's, my result is rather fruitful. They have specifically listed out what candidates are expected to do in the exam to demonstrate their level of understanding for each LOS. I read some parts of the explanation, and I was like WOW, how did I miss this stuff when I studied? and had to come up with my own interpretation... So please do not miss this.

This link below will take you to the CFAI document, I would recommend everyone to read it and truly understand what CFAI wants you to do in the exam.

CFA LOS Command Word


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the new post! That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is very helpful! Your blog is looking great! Will follow your advice. Thanks !

Frank said...

Very helpful ! Thanks a lot for taking your time to post this. I will read it again as I read it quickly when I just came back from work.

Amee said...

That's very nice of you to post this. Very helpful! Thumbs up !!! Really enjoying very much your blog, which is very surprising for my friends as they know I really find this topic boring. I usually try to limit myself just to the study book, but since I fail 2 times level 1, I thought to give a try on your blog. To my own surprise, it is not just very helpful, but I find it very inspirational and even entertaining ! Good work !

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really super cool! Thanks. Looking forward next post, no pressure :) great blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this new post, very helpful. I really love your blog, please put soon a summary of key things to focus for level 2. Thanks

PassCFAExams said...

Thanks Frank, Amee, and the anonymous guys, I will share more resources like this one when I come across. Best to your studies this week!