Monday, December 22, 2014

Order Button / Notes Available - Level 1 Study Session 2


Hello everyone, hope you guys are enjoying this holiday season with your family and your loved ones. Taking the CFA exams has been one of the longest and most difficult experiences in my educational and professional careers, but it certainly made me realize how much I appreciate the support of my family and friends.

Due to the recent popular demand for my study notes, I’ve decided to try to put my notes together for candidates who are interested in ordering them. The process to transfer and update my notes with proper explanations has taken more time than I originally envisioned, especially with a full time job. In the past few weeks, I have received a lot of feedback and inquiries from you about the details of the notes on how to order and the price, thanks for all the comments.

Having said that, I thought it’s in the best interest of my viewers to launch this through multiple phases, so today I’ve created the order button for Level 1 Quantitative Methods Study Session 2 - Basic Concepts for $15 per copy including tax. Anyone who's interested can order using the BUY button on the right-hand side of the screen. If you prefer other payment methods such as email transfer (passcfaexams@gmail.com), please let me know. The thought process is really simple here, instead of ordering the entire note package and realizes you do not like it after you paid for the whole thing, you can order it session by session and read it before you commit more money in my notes. This way candidates can reduce "opportunity cost" by having the flexibility to choose, either to continue to receive these notes or stop at any time, it will also help those who want to order only certain sections.

Ideally each section of the notes covering a topic area will be equally priced across the curriculum with some potential discounts. I think the price will be capped at a maximum of $150 regardless. As to delivery, please send me your email address in your order so I can send you a PDF version of the file, email delivery should take no more than 24 hours, a paper version can also be available if required.

Since this is my first attempt in doing something like this, it’s highly likely there will be things to improve, don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or feedback on the way I’ve structured it or anything you want me to know.

My intent is to continue to maintain this blog with new updates in the new year, the notes are really a value-added feature to go along with this blog.  I’ve also received some comments via the contact form about providing more tailored services along this journey, I am considering your requests and will provide updates sometime soon.

For now, wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks s lot for your new post, this is definitively a very good initiative from your blog, great idea! I'm interested in level 2 as I have already passed level 1. However I wanted to buy your level 1 ss2 just to ger an idea of your notes but I couldn't see where we can buy your notes. Do you mean from this post? Or is there any tabulation I need to click? I cannot see it, please guide us how and where to click to buy your notes ?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Another question: when will you have video material? Or would you post any video of you tutoring certain section?
I'm not sure for other, but it is best time to study for me, wake up still 5 am study till 7 am then get ready to kg to work. Anyone else studying now?

Anonymous said...

Great, it us good idea. I'm also waiting for level 2 notes. But I have to say I also had difficulty to locate jeer to buy, the reason is I first thought it was done adds. Maybe you should create a separate section to buy or the title to order in a bigger size? Just a suggestion
Thanks again for your blog,

PassCFAExams said...

Thanks guys for your comments and questions.

The buy button is located on the top left of the blog. Unfortunately my html skills are very limited, haven't figured out a better way to present it.

As to videos/audios, it hasn't been in my most immediate plan to include video materials at this point, but thanks for the idea. I have thought about how to make this a better process through other means, like a regular email to you guys who are interested, still developing the thought.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post, and merry Christmas!
It is really nice that you find the time to write the notes. But I see it is by section for level 1. I am interested in level 2 as I already pass level 1.
When will you gave a chance to write level 2?
Thanks, great blog as always!

Greg said...

Happy New a Year and best wishes in 2015!!! Thanks for the post. Been away for past 2 weeks and just saw your post. That's nice of you to make your note available.
During my holidays, I have decided to stop my cfa study. I have passed level 1 two years ago but already fail level 2. During the holiday break, I realize that I miss a lot of things in my loves one life, and I haven't even been helpful when they need me the most. I have assessed the opportunities and I know some people having cfa, which is nice title to have, but their job hasn't dramatically changed. Life is so short and I want to spend quality time with my wife and our daughter. So good luck to everyone in your cfa journey. Great blog and posts. I will still continue to visit your blog even if i don't pursue anymore cfa.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for post. Wow, I thought I was the only one to stop this cfa study...somehow I feel better that someone else out there is also not pursuing. I level 2 but it is too heavy and during new year I saw that spending more time with my pregnant wife is more important than this study. We found out she is recently pregnant. Yes I would love to have to complete cfa but it is too much sacrifice, I already neglected too much my family. Plus I also know a friend and colleagues having cfa, at best they are senior financial analyst in finance and accounting. I'm already manager in accounting for an asset management firm. And if I complete cfa, it is not even sure if I can become a product manager. Because the friend and colleagues they have completed their cfa at least for 2 or 3 years and every time they apply for product manager job, they don't get it. So it is not worth for me to sacrifice my family for a study that cannot bring me to my dream job with certainty. Good luck to everyone who continue.

Anonymous said...

omg, I am shocked to read these 2 comments because it is something i am also thinking over and over during the past 2 weeks. I am even more shocked when i read the last comment because ME TOO, my dream job is also product manager. But I know some people who completed their cfa and tried to apply for product manager job didnt succeed because there are too many competition. Beside cfa, you need the work experience and the connection. So although i would really love to complete cfa, i am also considering to stop...as it is too much sacrifice and there is no certainty that it will give me my dream job of product manager. Currently I am working in finance for a bank and it is not too bad, just wish my salary is higher...right now only making less than 60K per year.
But I have a good work life balance so if i stop cfa, i will have more time to spend with my gf who has been complaining about me not giving her enough time and attention. Reading the above 2 comments, i think it confirms that it is the better decision for me to stop...but for those who continue, i wish you guys best of luck. I will also come back to your blog and read time to time. Happy New Year !

PassCFAExams said...

Happy New Year guys! Thanks for the comments.

I am sad to see that you guys are discontinuing the CFA studies; on the other hand, I am glad that you are re-prioritizing other life events that are probably more significant in the big scheme of things than an exam. Perhaps this is part of the lesson that one can learn from this exam in addition to the testable knowledge. I wish you the best and also just want to say learning does not stop at this point by not studying for the CFA exam, and pursuing the dream job should certainly continue no matter what decisions you make towards your academic or professional development, this will be truly a life time journey.

An interesting observation, some of you mentioned you are interested in a product manager job, I am interested as to what makes it a desirable job to you, why do you like this job?

Lastly, I know level 2 work probably already started for some of you; I will continue to support this process through the development of this blog. However, I am expecting some challenges coming through this year, hopefully this will be a fruitful year to all of us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the post. That is really great you are making your notes available. I am interested in level 2 notes. Looking forwad that. I am also very shocked reading the comments because product manager is a dream job for me and I am really aiming so hard to get this product manager job, within my company and outside too. However like someone mentions, there are a lot of competition. I have 2 friends having completed CFA all the 3 levels, and they have been trying so hard to get a product manager for some years but no luck. One of the reason why I am doing my CFA is because I want to get this dream job of product manager as it is one of the requirement to apply. For me, it is a dream job because i would love to manage product, especially for an investment firm. I heard you need to coordinate with several departments and you learn a lot about regulation as well as the process to launch a product. Must be very exciting.

Anonymous said...

Hi, how come no new post? I have been missing your new update. Really looking forward your new post. I read many people seem to drop. But I'm still doing level 2. Hope to see your new update soon. Thanks. In the meanntime, I just read again your old post. :) kind of addicted.

Unknown said...

It’s nice of you to provide this information to help the students appearing for CFA. It’s a very difficult exam and I’ve seen some people I know have a hard time preparing for it. I’ll soon be giving my Bar exams and it is also one of the tough tests. I wish to clear it in my first attempt, so I’ve registered in one of the best Mobile Bar Review Courses.