Thursday, September 11, 2014

Response to comments


Once again, thank you guys for all the comments. I am glad I can be of help so far, more study tips are on the way. I will take this post to address some comments.

Before I do that, just want to give a quick shout out to those of you who are married, perhaps have kids, and work full time, you are doing great! It’s a long term commitment you are making in the CFA program, it will be difficult but I guarantee it will be rewarding for you and your family when you complete the exams.

For those of you who are still single, try to get this done asap and move on to other things in life. If you are in a relationship, this exam will be a test for your relationship, you can tell if your partner is for you or not. If she/he supports you all the way through, they are a keeper, make sure you don’t let them go. Otherwise, they don’t know what they are losing. Me personally went through couple of break-ups, which seem to be somewhat common from what I heard.

Regarding comments on my study notes, I am trying to scan some samples, will definitely post some when it’s ready. I’ve got notes on l1 and 2, and flash cards for l3, just need to convert to soft copy.

For your suggestion on the site, I’d like to reverse the comment order so most recent comment is listed first, apparently to do so I need to make changes to the javascript and html codes, which I suck at, I think they will stay the way it is until I get my tech savvy friends to help, sorry… hopefully the content here will keep you guys around.

Not sure why email registration not working, I will either take it off or find a way to make it work.

Forum is removed since its loading way too slow.  I will try to add it back or find an alternative solution.

With respect to financial statement analysis section, I got over 70%. This is really the deal breaker for pass l1, you absolutely don’t want to fail this section. How you should study for FSA is really no different from any other sections. Study well and practice. I will create another post on strategy shortly.

Lastly, I want to get a point across. People may not appreciate what you are doing because they simply don’t understand the level of commitment required in this program. CFA candidates are a unique group of people, don’t underestimate the power in the fact that you made a conscious decision to write this exam, this is HUGE! Without you even realizing it. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks

Peter said...

Just one word:amazing! Been waiting for this blog the whole day! Been reading your blog till 5 am! Very addictive! Great blog!

Anonymous said...

You blow my mind! Great post!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding to us. Looking forward your strategy post and any tips will be welcome!

Anonymous said...

Can you post key formula to remember for cfa exam level 1? Like your blog!

Anonymous said...

Can you put a post just focussing on financial statement? What should I remember from that chapter? It would be great if you can put key summary.
Feeling so lost with financial statement analysis. Thanks. Your blog rocks!

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog, especially the bond post. Very helpful and inspirational ! Any more tips? I have been also waiting for whole day to read your new post. Register to follow but didn't get any notification.
Great blog! Good job!

Charles said...

Thanks for post. Good mental support. I'm doing level 1. I find it very difficult. It would be very cool if you can post key formula and things to remember to oasis level 1.
Great post, very inspirational....taking my break know but going back to study....no life.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Great blog. Got referred by 2 friends about your blog, now I understand the importance and usefulness of it. Great job!

Anna said...

I heard about your blog and thought to give a try, I was pleasantly surprised about the tips with strategy post and clear explanation on bonds. Currently doing level 1. It would be really nice if you can put a key summary of each chap for level 1. What do I need to remember for each chap in level 1? Thanks

PassCFAExams said...

Hey guys, thanks for feedback. Been occupied last couple of days but am working on another strategy article which should be out sometime this weekend.

Saw your comments on general material/formulas, will include that in my future posts for sure.

Keep up with the readings and remember to practice!

Anonymous said...

I am happy I found this blog ! I haven't read all the posts and comments yet. But from what i have read so far, it seems to be a very inspirational blog. Currently doing level 2 so if you could post more tips for level 2, it will be much appreciated ! Thanks ! Great blog...the only thing that did not work for me is the forum, too slow to load. I am not very fan of the background of this blog, but it is ok :) most important is the content :)